Several Research Shows Why Hiring Professional Resume Writers in Sydney Are Important

While writing your resume, it can be tempting to get carried away and start listing all your accomplishments. But have you considered whether you should do that or not?

You need to understand that your grade average, schools attended, and volunteer experiences are some of the least important things that recruiters want to see in a CV while deciding to call the candidate for the interview or not.

A recent research conducted by one of Australia’s leading recruitment firms state that it is better for prospective jobseekers to not detail their entire professional experience in their CVs. The same research also revealed that nearly 60% of employers agree that CVs should include only the candidate’s experience for the last 10 years. Anything more than that will be considered irrelevant.

Even though most candidates spend considerable time in preparing an apt cover letter, the research shows that nearly 75% of employers don’t necessarily weigh in cover letters as heavily as other aspects of the hiring process; most importantly the resume.

Professional Resume Writers in Sydney

So what do recruiters focus on?

Most recruiters see if the resume has been targeted to the job position or is just a generic one. Nearly 90% of the recruiters immediately notice if a CV hasn’t been tailored to the job. This same research also revealed that nearly 55% of recruiters feel that typos are the biggest mistakes in a CV while the other 45% state that for them unprofessional resume formats are a big turn off.

Precisely for this reason, it is necessary for you to extensively edit your resume. If you can’t do it on your own, you can always hire professional resume writers in Sydney. They will create you a CV that’s up there with the industry standards and apt for the job you are applying for.

Most jobseekers make the mistake of using way too many buzzwords in their CV. To state certain facts, 46% of recruiters don’t like to see the word “expert” in CVs while 31% hate it if “innovative” is included in the resume.

Instead, you should focus on your soft skills and references because these are the factors which most employers consider important. Additionally, the candidate’s overall demeanour and interpersonal skills are just as important in the whole hiring process.

Though it might need some extensive research, it is always advisable to tailor your CV according to the age of the recruiter. It’s a fact that different generations of recruiters value different aspects of a resume. For instance, the millennials will always value the education part of the CV while Gen X recruiters significantly evaluate all parts of the CV including the social media profiles of the candidate.

All the nitty gritties of resume has resulted in the immense demand for CV writing services in Sydney. These days, people trust professional writers to prepare their CV as a means to guarantee at least some interview calls. How your interview will fare depends completely on you, but a professionally written CV will guarantee that out of all the resumes that prospective employers receive, yours will immediately catch their attention.

Advertisements